Thursday, August 23, 2007

I was making a giftcard purchase while testing today and I had to include a note... for testing purposes, of course.
Ya know, like when you buy a giftcard as a present for someone you can include a note to tell them Congratulations or Happy Birthday.
So here I was, "buying" a $300 Southwest Airlines Giftcard in our Testing area and I was inspired to write a poem to my Mom.
Here it is:

To: Mom
From: Yer Kid

I think you're nicer than rice and keener than beans
and You'll always be sweeter than honey.

So don't give up on me cuz that just won't be funny.

There is an inside joke with my brother that came about when he was in kindergarten and all the kids had to say something nice about the other kids. Each kid got a package of nice things said about them. A little girl gave him this compliment: "Bob is nice, he likes rice."
The joke gets revived every few years in the form of ads for Chinese restaurants and weird things, like an electronics store whose owner is named Bob, dunno why they had to tell us his particular food preference, but if it brings 'em in the door, go for it!

I felt inspired with that poem. Feel free to use the verse (or variations) in a note to your own mother. =)

No comments: