Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Conversations with a Sandwich Artist


--I went to Subway at lunch the other day--
SubwayGuy: Hello, Welcome to Subway.
ME: Hello, I'll have a foot-long BMT on White.
SubwayGuy: On White? a Footlong? BMT.
Me: Yes.
SubwayGuy: Was that a BLT?
Me: No, BMT.
SubwayGuy: Bacon Lettuce and Tomato??
Me: No, the BMT.
SubwayGuy: A BLT?
Me: No, A Bee Emm Tee.
SubwayGuy: Oh. A B-Emm-T? (both of us tightening our lips and raising out eyebrows)
Me: Yes, the one with pepperoni and salami. The BMT.
SubwayGuy: Would you like Spicy...um, would you be interested in our Italian Club? It has pepperoni and salami.
-=I'm sure Subway would be most impressed to know the silly man was downselling the subs=-
Me: No. The BMT.
SubwayGuy (pointing to the ham) The one with Ham..
Me (nodding): Yes, the BMT.
SubwayGuy: Okay, I was just checking cuz it has pepperoni...
Me: I want the BMT, I've been ordering the BMT for 20 years now. That's the sandwich I want. (smile)
SubwayGuy: (sheepish grin) Okay.

...and then I felt old cuz I've really been ordering the BMT the exact same way for much longer than that.
 -=sigh=-

No comments: