Sunday, August 03, 2008

Catchin' up

I was catching up with a friend of mine last night and we decided would go to Buddies to celebrate her birthday in style...it was Leo Night at Buddies. She got her free Schnapps shot (watermelon) and we tried to make it through the "show" that the staff members put on, but we couldn't bear it any longer and slipped out of there to Sue Ellen's.
That place still impresses me. It's soooo much better than the other location although I am sad that the girls don't really have representation on the strip. The boys have tucked us around the corner.
Here's a link to my Sarah Bettens pictures. I was really psyched to see her last week. She was everything I expected her to be. ...and she'll be back in Dallas in October, at the Granada.
I was presented with the opportunity to change a friendship to something more and I was caught off guard. Which caught me off guard! Am I not ready?
My social life is finally starting to get the variety it once had years ago and I don't think I am ready to relinquish the control that I have finally gained back. It's been a long road and I feel my only obligation can be to the furry creature snoring at my feet as I write this.
It was a sad realization really. I thought I was further along than that.

No comments: