Friday, May 25, 2007

Time flies

Ahh...Memorial Day weekend. This year is flying! The Denver trip was soo much fun. Goofing off with cousins that I last saw when I was a pre-teen was fun. We were all giggly the whole weekend.
Mothers Day was a great weekend. I designated my nephew as my companion for Southwest. Since the spouses of married couples get free flights as a benefit, SWA allows single employees to designate a lucky someone for that privilege. Mike has a busy year this year so I figured plane tickets would come in handy for him and be an incentive to visit his dad and grandparents. Well, it worked!
I was driving down with Max to San Antonio for the Mother's Day weekend. My mom didn't know I was going down there, it was a suprise. I had been on the phone with her the previous week when she asked if I was going down to SA for that weekend. I said "No, I hadn't planned on it" Her response was "Whatever..." and she continued with the conversation. My mom does not say "Whatever" ...ever. So there I was on the road, Max stretched out on the back seat.
I was on the road about an hour when I get a call from Mike telling me he got the tickets. We talked about getting together some time in Seattle or meeting somewhere. We talked for quite a while and then at the end he says something like, "I can go to San Antonio right now, if I wanted, right?....Well, Yeah! So by midnight central time, we had arranged his flight the next morning from Phoenix to SA to see all of us. Not only was I a suprise for my mom, Mike was the big suprise!!
I broke the suprise about me to my mom on Saturday morning when I called her and found out that she had no plans, just running errands all day Saturday. She said that the reason they weren't going to cook out was because I wasn't going to be there. (Isn't that sweet!) That would not work into our plan for the suprise so I told her to run only one errand, be home when we got there and that we'd stop off at the store to get fajita fixings because we had another bigger suprise.
I think she thought my sis was going to announce she was pregnant! -=Sorry Mom!=-
Long Story short....lots of crying, laughing, hugging, reminiscing. and picture taking. I have a pic of Mike with his 3 brothers taken about 5 years ago, he was towering over them and they looked so tiny. We took another picture in the same spot. Maybe we'll make that the tradition.

He's still tall, but they're catching up! Mike is 20, Keith and Kyle are 9 and Samuel is 8.

Mike said he wanted to go upstairs and mark his height on the bathroom doorway. LOL. I wonder if he did.

No comments: