Thursday, August 24, 2006

Under 21

I left my ID in my car yesterday. I popped into a RaceTrac to purchase a beverage and smokes.
I was carded.   I was suprised. Suprisingly.
Should I have been offended?  I've seen many people be offended. ....nah!! I didnt' do the "What, I don't look over 21 to get this measly pack o'smokes?!" or better "Let's see YOUR ID!"
I'm thirty-XXXXX years old!! Of course I'm not offended! I know I look young, I have had my share of people asking for my ID in the day, but not in a while!
 
I just floated back to my car and grabbed the card to bring back to the clerk, then another compliment came when he said, "You must get that a lot, huh?"  I couldn't hide the smirk holding back the wide grin.
Had I not had the ID in the car, I think I would have gone without the cigarettes since I was floating on a cloud for the rest of my trip home.
 
The day ended well following that exchange.
It's true that, whether you know it at the time or not,  a nice word can make someone's day.
 
 


All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is great! good for you.
-hauself